Sunday, April 20, 2008

Almost Ice Out


This is the view I had out our front door this morning when I got up. It almost looks like a "water path to nowhere" in the midst of the ice still on the lake.



A short while later I caught sight of our neighbor who just couldn't wait for the ice to leave before climbing into his kayak for a cruise through what water he could find.





Later in the day this was the view looking left from the dock. The branch laying in the water is where the beavers built a lodge last summer. Just before sunset the lake was pretty much open water with some patches of pock-marked ice that should all be gone in the morning. Has been an interesting day watching it go.








Latest knitting project is Alligator (crocodile) Scarfs for an auction at the Clockedile family reunion. For obvious reasons anything "crocodile" is quite popular at the auction. The one pictured is about 1/3 done with leftover yarn from another project. Lots of fun to knit. Using Swallow Pearl needles. I think I will try them in a variety of colors as shown on the Morehouse Farm pattern that I am using.

Have a great day!










No comments: